Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why Couldn't I Have Been Born 10 Years Earlier?

You know that feeling when you KNOW you should be doing your homework? Yeah, I don't like that feeling.

So while I'm sitting here not doing my homework, I might as well post a song. Psycho Candy by The Jesus And Mary Chain (1988).

I wish I were born about 10-15 years earlier, so I could experience that time when The Cure, and these guys, and then Nirvana ruled the world.. I mean, I did exist when alternative rock, post-punk and grunge became mainstream, but I was like... two years old. So I kind of missed most of it. When I was young (okay, okay, younger than I am now), all anyone would ever talk about was Spice Girls. I remember playing spice girls in 1st grade. I was always Scary Spice (I'm still not sure why. I didn't even look like her. I had like light blonde hair and looked super cute when I was six).

Anyway, even though I didn't get to be a punk rock rebel of a teenager (I think I'd be pretty good at it), the music is still here, thank God. I don't even know what I would to if the only music I could listen to was Lady Gaga and Britney Spears.



By the way, did you notice I've changed my blog layout? I have. I was getting sick of all the pink. I don't really mind pink too much, it's just that it was in my face. All the freaking time (since I spend a lot of time on my blog, hehe). So I just needed something more.. me. And, umm, that Green Day and Joan Jett concert may have inspired me just a little, hehe.

That's all. Gonna go and get some homework done now. Hopefully. Just for the sake of it, since it's been years, Wannabe by Spice Girls (I can't believe I'm doing this):



Haha, good times.


(look, look! My very own signature. Creds to MyLiveSignature)

No comments: